This site is dedicated to new ideas and concepts with regard to Sirius XM Satellite Radio. New technology, marketing ideas, and strategic partnerships are fair game. This site is for brainstorming and I welcome all new ideas.
DISCLOSURE: I own shares of Sirius XM Satellite Radio.

9.08.2008

Are you ready for some football?

Today, I was listening to my radio while driving and the thought of the NFL linking to Sirius crossed my mind. I think it is great that they are helping to promote Sirius subscriptions by pushing customers towards the page, but is there something more that could be done? I think the answer is yes.

What if a customer doesn't want a subscription to satrad? I know it doesn't make sense to me either. But, what if. I am sure there are those people out there that simply do not want the service. What if we sell them on listening based on the program. What I mean by this is to sell them on a football game, a concert, or even a MMA event. There are many out-of-market games that sports fans are missing out on.

This model would work best over the internet. You could sell a customer a virtual ticket to the game or event for $1 - $2 and maybe a package deal (6 events for $5). By using the ticket, the customer gains access to listen for the duration of the event.

This allows customers to get want they want for a cheap fee. It also allows them to check out the other programming options while they are listening to Sirius. It gives them a chance to check out some music during halftime. If they like what they hear, they can get the trial version or eventually sign up for a subscription. By doing this, you can promote the company's services in a different way and make some extra cash in the process.

No comments: